Paper Machine Beloit Walmsley 4400mm, 48-70gsm and On Line Coater
This product is not available at the moment. Please contact our customer service for more info.
Print this page
- Product ID: VAK10347
- Name: Paper Machine Beloit Walmsley 4400mm, 48-70gsm and On Line Coater
* Maximum Speed: 800mpm (2624 fpm),
avg. 2005: 758mpm(2486fpm).
* Wire Width: 5.02m (198 in). At the winder,
maximum width is 4.40m (173 in).
* LWC offset product between 48 to 70gsm (32.4 to 47.3Ibs).
Avg. 2005 was 67gsm (45.2Ibs). Matt paper produce on
Supercalenders (1 nip).
* Daily average production of 263 mtons in 2005, 90.000tpy
Wet end section
* Beloit Fourdrinier (1956) with a dilution headbox
from Beloit(Concept IV MH 1994) control by the
Measurex QCS system (OPEN)
* The 4-nip Beloit press section (1985, 4th Allimand in 1986)
has a straight through 1st press and a 2nd nip between a top
granit roll (new ceramic purchased) and a bottom vacuum roll
* The 3rd and 4th press are separate with a top granit roll
(Ceramic Valrokfrom Valmet in 3rd position, 1996) and
a bottom pressure roll (4th : Sym roll fromValmet).
* 47 cylinders from diameter 1 m 50 (59 in).
Conventional dryer from 1956.
* One Unirun at the beginning. 5 mechanical section
* New steam and condensate system (May 2000) with fix siphons
Hard nip calender
* 2 full steel rolls with a Caltrol system to adjust final
weight at the reeler.
ON LINE COATER
* 2 Short Dwell from Beloit (1983). No profiling system.
Coater dryer section
* Hot air system: 1 Overly in 1st coater,
1 Air cap on the 2nd coater.
* 6 drying cylinders diam 1m 50 (59 in) in first coater.
* 7 drying cylinders diam 1m 50 (59 in) in second coater.
* Conventional with primary, secondary arms (pneumatic)
from Beloit (1966).
* Maximum diameter 2m 20 (87 in) means one set of 1m 25
(49 in) ortwo sets of 1m (39 in).
* Measurex Open QCS and DCS System.
* ABB Ulma 3 D Holes detector.
* SPH 19 Headbox screen from Lamort (reused from PM 1).
* Lamort broke screening (holes first, slots after).
* Old drive conception on the PM dryer: 2 big motors with
2 line shafts and belts drive system to the dryer section.
In may 2000, we have replaced these old drive system on
coater by new AC drive from ABB.
FINISHING PM 3
* Beloit with conventional pope reel and secondary arms
* Maximum speed 2300 mpm (7550 fpm).
* Two 12 rolls ECK Supercalenders (Open Frame design)
from 1957 and 1964.
* Speed 600m/mn (1970 fpm).
* Type of pressure rolls: full steel rolls with fix crown.
No rapid drop inbottom nip.
* Type of Thermo rolls: with central hole (design for steam
heated) heated by hot water 120 °C (250 Fahrenheit).
New heating unit from 2000 (May, AURA Company).
* Polymer: 2 per Supercalender (6 in total, STOWE
cover on cotton).
* Wind up system: conventional pope roll system with
WINDER and WRAPPER
* One JR1000 winder(1991),maximum speed 2300mpm (7500 fpm).
6 tons max (2 “postes lourds”), the others being 4 tons.
Usual max diameter is 130 – Max width 3,60 m.
Technical max specs being 1,50 m.
* Elevator: 3 tons max. Check hydraulics. Max width is 3,00m.
* “Cuiller” to vRoll 3 tons max.
* Trays of conveyor belt vRoll, no problem up to 2 m width,
1,28 diameter, so roughly 3,2 tons (LWC). Above, physically
working but load and efficiency of the equipment will be
challenged. Wrapping : diameter max is 1,28 m. Max width
is 3,00 m. Hydraulics is OK.
Supplier :Beloit Walmsley
Rebuild history :1956 speed up to 600m/mn
:1985 speed up to 800m/mn
new press section
:1986 new dryer frame,
improve coater sheet run.
:1990 new winder.
:1994 new headbox.
:1999 Upgrade SC, new drive on
system onPM dryerGrade(s)
LWC offset,48 - 70gsm
Max. trim width 4,40m
* Type Concept IV-MH slice pcs.
* Use only manually for TSO adjustemer profile
* Type: Fourdrinier from 1956 (BELOIT)
* outer wire width NA
* outer wire length NA
* inner wire width 5m
* inner wire length 45m 43
* installed driving power Couch 191kW, Turning Roll 280kW
* suction boxes 7 pcs
* vacu-foil boxes 0 pcs
* Type Straight through 1st and 2nd press (common and so call
transfer felt), separate 3rd and 4th press
* Loading 60kN/m
* Felt length 30m
* Uhle box pcs.2
* Loading 60kN/m
* Felt length 20m 50
* Uhle box 1 pcs
* Loading 80kN/m
* Felt length 16m 40
* Uhle box 1 pcs
* Loading 90kN/m
* Felt length 17m 70
* Uhle box 1 pcs
|Felt cleaning Standard and old fashion HP showers|
|Felt cleaning during shut downs Choc cleaning with NALCO|
Central roll cover Valrok and CeraLease on 3rd press top,
Suction roll cover No central suction roll in this kind of
press steam box No
* Drive groups pcs. 5
* Steam groups pcs. 4
* Single fabric 1
* Cylinder pcs. 47 (6 not heated)
* Fabrics 9
* Fabric cleaning Nothing
* Threading system Ropes
* Runability system No blow boxes
Number of coating stations :2 type SDTA from
Mode of operation :on
Type :blade SDTA
Speed :800 m/min
Range of coat weight :8 to 12gr/m²
* Control system Caltrol on machine calender to adjust
final weigth at the re
|Number of calanders||2|
|Started||1957 / 64|
|Mode of operation||off|
|Max. surface temperature||70°C (inside thermo roll hot water 120°C)|
|Rolls||12 (4 Thermo rolls, 2 polymers, 4 cottons)|
|Caliper profiling||Nothing (no control system)|
|Zones pcs.||No zones: just king rolls on top/bottom nip|
|Roll covers||Polymers on cotton directly by STOWE|
* Type Conventional primary and secondary arms
(pneumatic) from BELOIT
* Max. reel diameter 2m 20
* Max. reel width 4m 55
* Loading system Pneumatic cylinders
* Cylinder coating Carbide cover
* Grooving Groove
* Spool diameter 420mm
* Type Valmet JR 1000 (center)
* Installed 1990
* Speed 2300m/min
* Roll width range 440-2000mm
* Max. roll weight Design up to 6 tons
(heavy station, normal 4 tons)
* Max. roll diameter 1250mm
* Slitters pcs. 10
* Drive BBC (revamping from previous 2 drum winder)
* Type Jagenberg Vari Rol
* Installed 1986
* Speed 1500m/min
* Max. roll width Limited to 2m due to Von Roll
Conveyor to Wrapping line
* Max. roll diameter 1m 25
* Slitters pcs. 3
* Type ABB on 4th press and coater (1999),
rest BBC (1956)
* Supplier ABB, BBC
* Max. speed 800m/mn
* Control system MEASUREX Open
* Instrumentation MEASUREX Open
* Quality control MEASUREX Open
* Fault detector ULMA before PM ree
* Type, supplier Mainly Brunschweiler and Belo
* Type, supplier Water rings pumps