Paper machine 1700mm deckle
Print this page
- Product ID: VAK10823
- Name: Paper machine 1700mm deckle
Paper machine: fourdrinier with long wire section for making writing and printing papers also brown papers.Year of build is 1962 by Bertrams Sciennes with various rebuilds over the years. All well maintained and in good condition. The dryer frames have internal vents for pocket ventilation in the dryer sections.
- Deckle: 1690 to 1700mm
- Speed: 18 to 140 m/min
- Gsm: 50 to 285. Drive: line shaft with sectional drives to size press and reel up.
- QCS Lippke
- Dunford stainless steel pulper: batch operation, 11,000 litres capacity. Grubbens rotor bottom mounted with perforated plate. Low consistency. Batch time 20/30 minutes, using 100% virgin pulp, two conveyors : one for virgin pulp, one for broke. Broke conveyor is on load cells, steam heating supply to the pulper.
- Concrete chests with re-circulation pump.
- Two stainless water tanks located above beaters. 15 m³ capacity each.
- Six beaters with manual loading of the beater rolls.
- Seven fibreglass tanks for chemical storage: unused at the moment.
Deculator by Clark and Vicario with Richard Berg first stage cleaners. Berg RB150 XC cleaners, RB80 LD cleaners. Year installed 2001.
MASSON SCOTT MIDGET REFINERS
- Six Masson Scott midget refiners with manual loading. Solid cast rotors and stators with 3/16” bars.
- Two Strecker Finers with basalt fillings
- Jylhava JCOO refiner.
- All refiners with 75 kw motors
- Two stainless stock chests with side entry agitators
- Machine pressure screen: stainless Finckh model 1 fitted with a basket with 0.25mm slots.
- Pressure screen rejects to a Finckh vibrating screen in stainless width 1.5 mm holes.
- The stock is heated to a temperature of 85% before being fed to the flowbox.
Flowbox / Wet End
- Kahula manufacture open headbox with taper inlet manifold, with recirculation, two evenor rolls, automatic slice control by Harmonic, slice width 2200mm, twenty auto slice lip adjusters for profile and grammage adjustment. Consistency range 0.8 to 2.0% and grammage range 87 to 285 gsm.
- Cantilevered stainless wire frame. Bertrams shake motion on the breast roll. Thune wire guide and pneumatic wire tension unit.
- De watering comprising under wire vac box, four foil units, three Conolo vacuum foils, fourteen vacuum boxes and two Rotoformers. Millspaugh suction couch with blow off box for tail transfer.
- Centres from Breast roll to Couch roll: 17 m. Wire length 29 m.
- Consistency leaving wire: 18% at the couch
- Four through type presses with rope transfer, pneumatic loading. All bearings are A/F, automatic guides and manual felt tensioners. Press rebuilt 2001.
- First press: top roll 585mm diameter, bottom roll 422mm diameter.
- Second press: top roll 495mm diameter, bottom roll 442 mm diameter.
- Third press: top roll 495 mm diameter, bottom roll 495mm diameter.
- Fourth press: top roll 495mm diameter, bottom roll 422mm diameter.
- Diagram and roll details available on request.
- Vacuum pump number 9: Couch roll.
- Vacuum pump number 10: 1st and 2nd top felt and blow boxes .
- Vacuum pump number 11: 1st and 2nd bottom press felts.
- Vacuum pump number 12: 3rd and 4th top and bottom press felts.
- Vacuum pump number 13: 2nd top press felts.
- Vacuum pump number 14: 3rd top press felts.
- Two Nash 701 pumps, six Neypric pumps, Nash 2002 and three Nash 1401.
- Drawing of vacuum system available on request.
Dryer sections: first, second and third.
Date of construction: 1961. Hydraulic tested to 100 PSI in 1961. Current safe operating pressure 3.5 bar. Eighteen drying cylinders, diameter 1270mm, face 2175mm, sole plate centres 2845mm with internal bolted ends, scoops for condensate, steam and condensate on rear of dryers, A/F Copper split bearings. Huber felt guides, rope tail feeding and cylinders with rope grooves. Cylinders operating at 30 psi. Cylinder numbers 14, 16 and 17 fitted with press rolls to flatten paper profile. Pneumatic and weighted rope tensioners. Dryers are part gear drive and others felt driven, enclosed hood. This bank comprises the first three sections of dryers.
Inclined size press with pneumatic loading, sectional motor drives. Screen for size located under the size press. This press has rubber covered rolls bottom 500mm diameter rubber covered and top roll 500mm diameter microrock cover. Top roll doctored, starch applied by spray bars, application is surface sizing. Moisture sensor in line before size press.
Fourth Dryer Section
Date of construction: 1961. Hydraulic tested to 100 PSI in 1961. Current safe operating pressure 3.5 bar. Face 2175mm, sole plate centres 2845mm. Six drying cylinders, diameter 1270mm, with internal bolted ends, scoops for condensate, steam and condensate on rear of dryers. A/F Copper split bearings. Huber felt guides, rope tail feeding and cylinders with rope grooves. Cylinders operating at 30 psi. Cylinders numbers 14, 16 and 17 fitted with press rolls to flatten paper profile. Weighted rope tensioner. Dryers are part gear drive and others felt driven, enclosed hood.
Size Press (bath type)
- Vertical size press pneumatic loading, sectional motor drives.
- Screen for size located under the size press.
- This is a bath type size press where the sheet passes through a bath and surplus size removed by press rolls, bottom roll 435mm diameter with rubber cover and top roll 500mm diameter fitted with a Microck cover and is doctored .
- Moisture sensor in line before size press.
- Spooner air hood inclined. Year 2000. Air blow to both sides of the paper.
- The steam pressure is 2.0 bar and maximum temperature 114 Deg C.
- Camber roll after air dryer.
Fifth dryer section
Date of construction: 1961. Hydraulic tested to 100 PSI in 1961. Current safe operating pressure 3.5 bar.
Four drying cylinders, diameter 1270mm, with internal bolted ends, scoops for condensate, steam and condensate on rear of dryers. A/F Copper split bearings. Huber felt guides, rope tail feeding and cylinders with rope grooves. Cylinders operating at 30 psi. Cylinder numbers 14, 16 and 17 fitted with press rolls to flatten paper profile. Weighted rope tensioner. Dryers are part gear drive and others felt driven, enclosed hood.
Dryers are in sections:
- 1st 1 to 6 dryers
- 2nd 7 to 12
- 3rd 13 to 18
- 4th 19 to 26. This includes the small pony dryer after the size press.
- Hunt and Moscrop vertical calender: five roll stack.
- Two Kuster rolls: top and bottom positions.
- Three intermediate rolls with a Johnson water heating unit.
- A/F bearings, hydraulic loading.
- All rolls are doctored.
- Calcoil unit for profiling.
Reel up and Control Systems
- Honeywell fault detector, year 2010 (no cameras).
- Lippke scanner measuring profile, gsm, moisture.
- Macbeth in line colour monitoring unit, year 2005.
- In line slitting section for edge trims with adjustable Tidland slitters, installed 2001.
- Horizontal reel up with manual reel transfer for new reels, pneumatic loading on secondary arms. Reel up on expanding bars. Manual tape turn-up system.
- Reel bar extraction unit and reel bar transporter for returning bars to the paper machine.
- Spare roll list is available on request.
Preparation Area Opposite the Machine
- Tanks for the preparation of starch and acid for the paper machine.
- Product prepared stored in three elevated stainless tanks located above the centre isle of the paper machine.
- Paper broke handling.
- Two balers: one vertical with electric top loading. Other press fed from cyclone which is of hydraulic operation with auto/manual tying of bales.
- Roll splitter: Jylhavara hydraulic operation with guarding, year 1970, width 1500mm and estimated roll diameter 1250mm.