GAS POWERED CHP PLANT
Print this page
- Product ID: VAK10808
- Name: GAS POWERED CHP PLANT
The plant, currently, is in continuous operation supplying the adjacent paper mill with power and steam. The plant will be permanently closed during April 2013 and available for relocation by the Buyer at that time.
All items will be sold as seen without explicit or implied warranty. The Buyer will remove the plant from site.
The paper mill has used the gas fired CHP plant to provide the mill with electricity and steam. The CHP plant was built in 1995/96 to replace the boilers serving the paper mill at that time. The plant was commissioned in 1997.
The CHP plant is based around a GE LM6000PA aero-derivative gas turbine. The gasturbine can supply up to 42 MWe with an additional 7 MWe being supplied from a Siemens back pressure steam turbine. In addition the plant can continuously supply up to 105 tonnes per hour (tne steam/hour) of steam with short term peak capacity of 120 tne steam/hour.
The gas turbine exhausts into a Nooter Erikson heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) but also has the option to exhaust directly to the atmosphere through a blast stack. This enables the gas turbine to be run in open cycle mode if the HRSG is not available. The HRSG has supplementary gas burners which can be run in addition to the gas turbine or can be run without the gas turbine by using forced draft (FD) fans to supply combustion air. This adds considerable flexibility to the plant.
• 1 x General Electric (GE) model LM6000PA Gas Turbine (GT) with water injection
coupled to a Brush alternator rated at 42 MW output. The GT is capable of being fired
by natural gas or distillate fuel.
• 1 x GT MK V control unit and associated auxiliary systems.
• 1 x Nooter Erikson Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) which is heated by the
exhaust gas from the GT and capable of supplementary firing with natural gas or
distillate fuel. Maximum steam output 105 tne steam/hour.
• 1 x Water treatment plant consisting of two 100% twin bed resin exchange units andtwo mixed bed units (for GT water injection) complete with all auxiliary systems including chemical storage and effluent tanks.
• 1 x Siemens back pressure steam turbine driven generator set rated at 7 MW output.
• 2 x Bellis and Morcom 3 stage reciprocating natural gas compressors, operated as
one running unit and a spare.
• 2 x 11/11 kV transformers, each rated at 30 MVA.
• 1 x Serck Distributed Control System (DCS).
• 3 x Control and general service air compressors.
• 1 x Boiler chemical dosing system.
• 1 x CBISS Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) for monitoring and
recording stack gas emissions.
• 1 x Cooling tower complete with dump condenser cooling water pumps dosing systems and auxiliaries. (Sale to be reviewed in final negotiation)
• 1 x installed fire detection and suppression system.
• 1 x installed gas detection system.
• All MP and LP steam pressure reducing stations and associated equipment.
• All installed cabling, transformers and switchgear associated with the abovementioned plant. Cabling removal shall be agreed by a responsible IPWL electrical person. Metering equipment which can be removed shall be agreed by a responsible IPWL person.
• Spare parts unique to the machinery scope as available.
• Extensive manuals, records and drawings as available.
The CHP plant had a steam delivery availability of around 97% for 2011. There have not been any major outages, planned or unplanned, in 2012 to date. A summary of power and steam production over the past year is available.
Boiler discharge pressure is 32 barg. It is then run through the Steam Turbine to give a pressure of 4.4 barg which is used in the board mill.
Both the gas turbine and steam turbine alternators are rated at 11 kV, 50 Hz.
Total hours run: 100,983
Hours since last Major overhaul: 49,869
Hours since last Hot End overhaul: 14,903
Four Nash vacuum pumps: model CL3002
Three Nash vacuum pumps: model CL 3001
Three inline Beloit Lussane magnetic traps series 503 with stainless bodies dimensions:
one large trap: pipe flanges – internal diameter 300mm, outer diameter 440mm.
two small traps: pipe flanges – internal diameter 200mm, outer diameter 340mm.
INQUIRE FOR MORE PICTURES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION