This product is not available at the moment. Please contact our customer service for more info.
MACHINES IN OPERATION UNTIL NOVEMBER 2012
Located in boiler house
Two Hamworthy boilers, year 1975/1977, oil/gas fired package boilers operating at 150 psi and test pressure 235 psi, single burner. Boilers tested this year. Steam production is ---- t/hr.
* Spare press roll R/C for PM 1
* Three Voith HD cleaner bodies with reject chambers:
could be S3 or S4
* Voith ATS 30/31 turbo separator length 1830mm,
reject outlet 175mm diameter
Two suction couch roll shells in bronze: width 2898 mm face and 2860mm drilled face and diameter 609mm.
Couch roll shell, overall face width 3275mm, drilled face width 3135mm, overall diameter approximately 758mm, wall thickness approximately 36mm.
Suction couch roll new, 3270mm face and drilled face 2950mm, diameter 762mm.
Suction press roll r/c with bearings and housings for above roll position
* Drum thickeners: stainless steel drum and vat
* BCI Pulper gearbox model 3. Two units available
* Voith AP 20 pulper: stainless, in four sections complete
with rotor assembly
* Two Maule screw presses: stainless
* Reject press for final rejects
Number two dispersion system: Esher Wyess, rated at 100 t/day in present position. Not in use.
Pre thickening by Reiss and Krima screw inclined presses. Krima horizontal press, feed press, heating screw and Esher Wyess dispersion unit. Heating unit and dispersion unit rated at 4/t/hr. System has a BCI drum thickener with couch roll and a Lamort De Ink cell stainless steel: Verticell model 4.
Located in base store
* Two JCO-1 refiners: one complete with fillings,
one without fillings and b/housing.
* Jylhavaara Roll spitter: maximum roll diameter 1200mm,
maximum reel handling length 1500mm.
* Lamort Diablo model 1 in stainless steel complete with motor.
* Esher Wyess RS1 reject sorter.
PAPER MACHINE PM1
* Horizontal waste conveyor 24m length fed from fork truck
* Lamort stainless steel pulper 22.5m3 capacity, year 1993,
consistency 18%, with bottom rotor HC. Gearbox drive 350kw.
* Lamort Poire model 3 secondary pulper with 1.6mm holes
* Chests T2 and T3 in stainless wih side entry agitators
* Comer HD cleaner model DPA40, year 1994,
with pneumatic timed rejects.
* Two Lamort CH5 and CHN5 screens with 1.6mm holes, motors 45kw.
* Rejects to a Voith K1000 vibrating screen
stainless with 5mm holes.
* On same level is a Lamort Diablo model one screen not in use.
* Two stainless chests for pulp
First stage de ink
Number one Lamort de inking cells: Verticell model 4, capacity 560 m3/hr operating at 1.2% consistency. Complete with double and counter aeration pumps. Sludge removal fan. Primary cell operating on 7t/hr
* Cell accept tank. White water silo
Greenson and Waite drum thickener for thickening de ink pulp. Face 5.5m x 1800mm diameter complete with direct drive manifold and rubber couch roll.
Thin stock de ink
* Lamort SPN 12 pressure screen year 1993, stainless
with 0.15mm slots
* Tailing screen for pressure screen Lamort CH5
with 0.15mm slots.Voith C bar baskets and motor 45kw
* Tank T12 in stainless
Maule 1989 kneader dispersion system running at 6t/hr, six BCI, horizontal presses in dewater section, feed press transfer press Maule, pre thickening Maule press, Maule heat screw with kneader.
* Dispersed stock chest
* Number two Lamort model 4 Verticell stainless cell
Voith drum thickener with feed manifold, and rubber couch roll, 4500mm length and drum diameter 1500mm, rated at 480m3/ hr at 1.2% consistency.
* Tank T22 in stainless
* Ink from the cells and water from the buffer tank are treated
by two Krofta units.
* Solids in the in - feed water are removed by two DSM screens
* Top wire recirculation chest
* Top wire has two Beloit 3000 series refiners:
26” diameter auto gear loading
* Top wire pressure screen: Voith model 20
* Voith KS160 LD cleaners in three stages with tertiary
* Two Beloit 3000 series disc refiners
* De ink pulp is achieving a brightness of 88/90
Jylhavara roll splitter 2500mm width x 1250mm diameter. Fork truck loaded roll
* Sicma wire baler for pulp bale wires
* Conveyor floor level fed from fork truck feeding pulper
Bottom wire pulper (A) is a BCI unit 16ft diameter, LC with a D section tub, body mild steel with stainless lining. number three gearbox drive. The mill has spare gearbox.
* Voith contaminex for pulper rejects
* Rejects treated by an external trommel
* Bottom wire dirty chest
* HD cleaner: Voith ATS 21 turbo separator
* Rejects to a Voith 1000 vibrating screen
* Bottom wire stainless refiner chest
* Two Voith SDM 26”`disc refiners
* Two pressure screens: BCI 36p units in stainless
with 0.2mm slots
* Rejects to an Esher Wyess RS2 reject sorter, year 1989
* LD cleaners: Bauer model 623 (primary x 5 cleaners,
secondary x 1 cleaner) 1217 l/min at 8% consistency
* One Palmac tertiary cleaner 1000 l/min at 0.8% consistency
* Bottom wire machine chest
B. Paper machine PM1
This machine has a right hand drive sectional electric drive, the cylinders are rated 100psi, speed 530m/min. The machine has a top wire as the machine produces white top as well as fluting and liner papers. Speed range 550 to 350m/min, 180 to 125gsm, deckle at slice 3200mm and deckle at reel 2850mm, sectional electric DC drive. Top and bottom wire. Production 220 to 170t/day. Basement designed machine.
Top wire approach flow
Three stage Voith model KS200 cleaners: first stage 17 cleaners, second stage 4 cleaners and third stage 1 cleaner. Fibre saver in the last stage.
Rejects to a Voith vibrating screen type 1000 with perforated plate.
Basis weight control: De Zurick
Top wire, year 1981
Voith Jetmaster commander flowbox. Pressure equilizing tank, slice 3150mm, manual slice adjustment, 25 micro adjusters. The wire section is cantilevered. Breast roll 514mm diameter, rubber covered, forming bard stainless with ceramic cover, low vacuum suction foils, rubber covered forward drive roll 514mm diameter, stainless steel trim handling system, couch tail cutter, wire cleaning high pressure: Permajet system. Thune auto wire guide. The top wire runs in opposite machine direction.
Stainless wire frame cantilever type.Voith Duo shake motion, year 2003.
KMW pressurized flowbox with ABB auto slice control, two driven evenor rolls,breast roll with Voith lubrication system 2003, forming board stainless with polyethylene top, Johnnson gravity foils in stainless with polyethylene tops. Low vacuum foils in stainless steel with 3 ceramic foils each, complete with vacuum fans and CH Johnnson auto vac with two control systems. High vacuum boxes in stainless with two ceramic foils each. Vacu foil box with six ceramic foils.
Suction box with PTFE cover. Dandy roll 1200mm diameter, Nordisc manufacture. NEF wire dandy frame including shower and drive, Schwark auto wire guide. Suction couch roll 762mm diameter. Forward drive roll 500mm diameter. All wire rolls covered with Glatex covers. Electric wire stretcher. Wire centres from breast roll to suction couch: 16 m. High and low pressure showers.
Suction pick up with suction roll in first press and plain press pneumatic loaded in the second press.
Under machine pulper
Dryers are on A/F bearings with auto lub system. Dryers with some on gear drives and other felt driven. Central lubrication systems.
28 dryers before the size press. 1500mm diameter with bolted ends, Thune felt guides, Judd felt stretchers. Sheathen rope feed.
Valmet Cross machine scanner measuring moisture and profile.
Warburton inclined size press with pneumatic loading of rolls, sheathen rope feed.
After Drying section
After dryer section on A/F bearings, Thune felt guide, eleven cylinders, sheathen rope feed.
* Under machine dry end pulper.
* Vib damper unit
Voith two roll calender stack with Kuster roll and hydraulic loading.
Cross machine scanner
Valmet IQ scanner measuring moisture, calliper, gsm, ash and profile. Year 1992. IBS tail transfer tape system.
Black Clawson drum reel up for finished rolls of 2.4m diameter.
Masson Scott UIA rewinder with unwind on fixed stand, water cooled drum brake with pneumatic operated brakes, tension control, taking a reel 2.4m diameter, shaftless rewind diameter 1500mm. Rewinder has been rebuilt with twin motor drive and converted to hydraulic operation. Drive on left side. Reel ejector and lowering table.
PAPER MACHINE PM2
A. Stock preparation
* Flat bed conveyor for waste paper feed from fork truck
* Pulper is a medium consistency 14ft BCI, Volkes type rotor
batch operation, gearbox drive. Perforated plate below rotor
* Reject to a BCI Trashex unit and rejects are dumped to
* Trommel in position which is now not used
* Stainless chest for dirty stock
*Two Voith HD cleaners S3 type with auto reject chambers.
*Two 24P thick stock pressure screens running 4.5%
with 1.8 /1.6mm holes.
* Rejects from the BCI 24P screens go to
a Voith vibrating screen.
* Accepts go to a tank returning to the pulper.
* Two polymer fillers.
* Two JCO-1 refiners with 355kw motors.
* Palmac LD cleaners in three stages.
* BCI 24 P machine screen unit with 1.8mm holes.
* Refiner stock/feed chests: stainless with side entry agitators
and Scann pumps.
* Waste water silo.
* Machine chests and re circulation system.
* Backwater feed chest.
* Basis weight by Eurocontrol
B. Paper machine PM2
This machine has a left hand drive and a sectional electric drive, speed 450m/min, dryers rated 30 psi, deckle at the reel 2200mm, DC. Speed is 415 to 200m/min, gsm 80 to 200. Production: 80 to 100t/day. Open gear drive with C.I and Polypemco gears.
Knock down wire section with a Voith K1000 flowbox. Pressure operation, two driven evenor rolls.
Wire shake motion by Bertrams. Wire centres from the breast roll to the suction couch roll: 15m. Forming board in stainless with polyethylene blades, nine Johnsson foil units in stainless with polyethylene foils, two are vacuum foils, Steam shower over the stainless suction boxes, Thune automatic guide.
Lump breaker roll prior to suction couch. Baggley blow off box for tail transfer.
Cantilever Millspaugh suction couch.
First press: suction press with a Millspaugh suction roll and a plain top roll pneumatic loaded with a Sheathen rope feed.
Second press: plain press with pneumatic loading.
Below the presses is located a wet end pulper.
Drying section in four sections with sectional electric drives. Dryers 1500mm diameter with bolted ends, first two cylinders with oscillating doctors.
Bearings are A/F with central lubrication. There are twenty nine drying cylinders with bolted cylinder ends. Tail feeding by rope feed
Tandem twin soft nip calendar with hydraulic loading. Alternative top and bottom kuster rolls.
Cross machine scanner
Valmet Paper IQ scanner is measuring moisture, gsm and ash. Year 1992.
Black Clawson reel up: horizontal type with reel diameter of 1500mm.
Four Nash CL 2001 series pumps
Masson Scott UIA rewinder with unwind on fixed unwind stands taking a reel diameter of 1.5m diameter, water cooled drum brakes pneumatic operation, tension control, rewind diameter 1500mm and shaftless rewind. Variable tension to the drums with a manual adjustment. Five slitters. Drive is located on the right side. Reel ejector and lowering table.
Screw press, disc thickener, belt press. Dryness of sludge approximately 40%.
De ink systems have two Krofta units. Models SPC22
The stock preparation systems for both paper machines have a spare pulper: Black Clawson 14 ft batch pulper operating at low consistency. Gearbox drive with a perforated plate.
External starch tower for 100 ton starch capacity
Compressors and air dryer
* Three GD compressors: model ESM 75, year 2008.
* GD air dryer Eco air year 2008.
* Bogge S100 compressor
* Three tanks: rated 100psi
* One larger tank: rated 100psi
Both PM1 and PM2 paper machines have Nash vacuum systems with 904, 3002 and 2000 series pumps
Machine house cranes
* The paper machines have two overhead cranes which
span over both machines.
* One located dry end and other located wet end
* The mill is operating on voltages 415v, 3ph and 50cyls
Paper Machine DCS systems
Both paper machines have Valmet Dematic XDI systems which run motor stop/start functions including flows, pressure, temperature and level controls within the mill.
Documentation and Spares
The paper machines and stock preparation are well supported with documentation and spares
The plant has been maintained on a regular basis